So, lately have noticed that I have been experiencing extreme disappointment in those that are closest to me. It can be very hurtful to find out that humans are just that, Human! I have been forced to look at myself to find out why I am feeling the way I am. Here a a few things I now understand:
- I realize that we tend to put people closest to us on pedestals
- We look to others to fill our voids
- We often hold people to expectations that we would never be able to uphold ourselves
- It can be easier to point the finger at others, rather than our self
What can I do with the information I have discovered? LOOK AT MYSELF! I need to look at myself and ask:
- Am I putting someone in the place where only my Creator can sit?
- Am I looking for someone to fill a void? If so, is that the person’s responsibility to do that?
- Are my expectations aligned with reality?
- Have I taken a moment to look at myself in the situation?
What a challenge this will be, but once I master this and truly accept people for who they are, it will release me from some of the “emotional expectations” I have of others! My ultimate goal is to understand that I have everything I need from The Most High and it is inside of me.
Only then will I seek to appreciate and understand the good and not so good of others!
Ashant’e Clayborne Roberson, Founder of Tidbits for Women